Job Title: Administration Officer (Re-advertised)
Organisation: Pathfinder International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. As a global health organization with locally led, community-driven programs, we support women to make their own reproductive health decisions. We work with local partners to advance contraceptive services, comprehensive abortion care, and young people’s sexual and reproductive rights in communities around the world—including those affected by poverty, conflict, climate change, and natural disasters. Taken together, our programs enable millions of people to choose their own paths forward.
About USAID Project:
Pathfinder International is implementing a five-year Family Planning Activity (FPA) by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). As a lead implementing agency, Pathfinder with partners will play a catalytic role in increasing access to modern contraception and reducing the unmet need for voluntary family planning services in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing general administrative and operational support to the Country Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide range of office support, for Pathfinder International events and workshops contributing to the efficient and effective management of the administrative activities.
- Manage Office Infrastructure Including relationship with service providers to keep telecommunications, internet, equipment, utilities and premises in good working order.
- Ensures all staff have a clean, organized, comfortable and secure working environment, and ensures availability of all staff needs including supplies.
- Plan for all logistics for evaluation activities, training, capacity assessments, learning events, schedules and calendars.
- Ensure smooth operations of Pathfinder International activities by coordinating with transport officers, venues, caterers, suppliers, and activity-specific logisticians.
- Ensure the PI Uganda fleet are well maintained according to specified standards.
- Provide the highest standards of Procurement services and advice to the Pathfinder International team in accordance with the established rules, regulations and processes.
- Ensure the integrity and transparency of the procurement process and compliance with the USAID and Pathfinder International’s Financial Regulations, Rules and relevant internal policies.
- Implement proper Procurement planning every year in coordination with relevant Teams in order to ensure cost-effective solicitation of goods and services.
- Manage inventory and maintain accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Identify and fully understand the details and conditions of the best procurement methods to be used for maximized competitive bidding process through pre-qualification exercise, i.e. Call for Expression of Interest or Request for Information.
- Launch of Request for Quotations, Requests for Proposals and Invitation to Bid inviting vendors to submit their quotations/prices or proposals based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times and product ranges.
- Maintain good supplier relations and negotiate contracts for provision of goods and services to Pathfinder International.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Business Management or any related field.
- At least five years relevant work experience preferably in operations, procurement and logistics. Preference will be given to those with considerable working experience in INGOs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th October 2022