Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: TechnoServe (TNS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
TechnoServe (TNS) is an international non-profit international development organization founded in 1968. Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Operations Coordinator and TechnoServe Uganda team. This requires a high attention to detail, customer focus, unquestioned integrity, and the ability to work independently and interact well with others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare documents and assist the CM to keep an accurate and organized filing system
- Support the CM in organizing in-house and external meetings
- Documents, minutes, memos, letters and presentations, as requested
- Prepare the CM’s expenses and travel advance requests/authorizations
- Support travel arrangements for the CM
Front Desk Activities:
- Handle incoming telephone calls and visitors; screen and redirect where appropriate
- Assist in photocopying, faxing and filling
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and re-order when required
- Assure the confidentiality of dispatches delivered or received and that all such dispatches are recorded correctly
- Receive deliveries, ensure that items are checked and quantities confirmed as needed under the direction of the supervisor
Office and Staff:
- Coordinate office maintenance and repair work
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment as directed
- Ensure a clean and presentable office environment
- Supervise the office assistant and cleaning team to ensure their work is done on time
- Ensure that standard office refreshments, teas, the water dispenser and other refreshments as may be required from time to time are available for the entire office
- Prepare memos for payment of service providers under instruction from the supervisor
- Receive invoices, record them and forward them to Operations for processing
- Distribute cheques to vendors
Transport and Accommodation:
- Handle all travel arrangements and movements for the Kampala office staff and guests, including booking of tickets, vehicle hire, airport pickups and drop offs under clear directives from the Procurement and Logistics Officer
- Responsible for the booking of accommodation for staff and guests with preferred TechnoServe hotels or other recommended service providers
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant job placement at TechnoServe (TNS) should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a relevant field
- One year of Office administration experience for Degree holders and two years for Diploma holders
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specificcomputer programs or applications for own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
- Innovative Mindset: Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
- Internal Client Focus: Client Focus is based on the ability to understand the client’s needs and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sound recommendations and/or solutions.
- Compliance & Governance: Compliance with and knowledge of company policies, applicable legislation, grant requirements, donor contracts, the local labor code and tax laws.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (CV) via Email only to the Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email and on the applicationletter.
Deadline: 21st July 2017