Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Pathfinder International
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. As a global health organization with locally led, community-driven programs, we support women to make their own reproductive health decisions. We work with local partners to advance contraceptive services, comprehensive abortion care, and young people’s sexual and reproductive rights in communities around the world—including those affected by poverty, conflict, climate change, and natural disasters. Taken together, our programs enable millions of people to choose their own paths forward.
About USAID Project:
Pathfinder International is implementing a five-year Family Planning Activity (FPA) by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). As a lead implementing agency, Pathfinder with partners will play a catalytic role in increasing access to modern contraception and reducing the unmet need for voluntary family planning services in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of finance and general administration duties that support the finance and administration function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries; keep records of outgoing letters and ensure use of the delivery book and dispatch outgoing pouches to other PI field offices.
- Manage the office stores and ensure all necessary office supplies are available (stationaries, kitchen and cleaning items).
- Manage the meeting room(s) booking log. Support all Drivers in transport coordination by placing calls to staff and to drivers and communicating status. In close supervision of Office Assistant ensure office cleanliness is maintained.
- Performing any other duty assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Business Management or any related field.
- At least five years of relevant work experience preferably in administration and operations.
- Preference will be given to those with considerable working experience in INGOs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to represent Pathfinder to visitors.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to professionally handle stressful and difficult situations.
- Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter indicating the job title in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager USAID/Uganda Family Planning Activity(FPA) and a detailed CV indicating expected gross salary, telephone contacts and three of the most recent referees; preferably supervisors to [email protected]
Deadline: 18th August 2022