Job Title: Administrative Assistant
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organising and maintaining files.
- Quickly responding to telephone inquiries, giving information to callers and routing calls to appropriate officials and also placing outgoing calls.
- Updating the office diary, providing information to callers and visitors, typing letters and reports as well as filing and retrieving documents.
- Receiving official visitors and walk-in customers by ascertaining the nature of business and directing them accordingly.
- The Admin Assistant will be receiving, sorting, recording and distributing mail, general correspondence and documents to appropriate officials.
- Scheduling appointments and screening requests for meetings, synchronizing and updating appointments.
- Preparing both local and international itineraries, confirming travel, freight and hotel reservations.
- Locating and attaching appropriate files to correspondence or queries as well as organizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Managing the proper maintenance, storage, retrieval of files and documents in order to ensure that they are accessible and secure.
- Organizing meetings and conferences and accurately recording proceedings of various deliberations.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking the progress of various assignments and regularly updating the supervisor and other members of staff on deadlines and problems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the NARO Administrative Assistant Job should hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a reputation institution.
- At least three (3) years progressive experience gained in a busy executive office.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial and Office Management will be an added advantage.
- Computer proficiency in using word processing and other computer software packages, including use of the e-mail, the internet as well as local and wide area network systems.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy (Check at top of the advert). The applicants should not apply for more than three posts.
Deadline: 17th November 2014 by 5.00p.m