The Mountains of the Moon University is a private non-profit university in Uganda. It is named after the Rwenzori Mountains, also known as the Mountains of the Moon. The university was founded in 2005.
All students intending to register for the first time must present an application for admission to the Academic Registrar in accordance with the regulations of Mountains of the Moon University.
The application can be obtainable from the Office of the Bursar at a cost of UGX 15,000. The application form contains the following information:
- Status Requested: whether you are registering as a day (full-time), evening, weekend or holiday student.
- Program Option: all students applying must indicate the intended program. The Admissions Committee will consider the applications in the order in which they are received and applicants will be informed of its decision.
- Other requirements: all students must indicate other requirements such as their profile, academic qualifications, working experience and two referees.
Every student will be required to pay a commitment fee of 50,000/= (Fifty thousand shillings only) to the Bursar’s office before picking an admission letter from the office of the Registrar Academic. This amount is part of the total dues paid for any course at Mountains of the Moon University.
All students joining the University must have at least 2 principal passes at one seating at the “A” level. For students of Public Health and Horticulture, one of the principals must be in Biology.
In addition, anyone wishing to register in the program must be proficient enough in the English language.
For Diploma Education Primary, candidates must have “O” level certificate and a grade III certificate. For the Bachelor of Education (BED) program, candidates must possess a Diploma or the equivalent from credible institution of learning.
University Qualifying Examination (UQE): When the applicant’s academic file does not meet the normal admission requirements of regular student status (those admitted with at least 2 principal passes), it is possible to gain admission into a program provided:
- the student presents a mature entrance examination certificate from Makerere University.
- the promise of academic success of the student is evident.
- the student has the required academic transcripts for the “O” and/or “A” levels.
- the student submits a curriculum vitae
- any other document requested by the administrative unit of the program