Admission into Islamic University in Uganda (IUIU) is made twice every academic year. There is an intake in August at all campuses and another intake in January for only Kampala Campus.
The university conducts courses on Day, Evening and Weekend Programmes. Day programmes are conducted from Monday to Friday starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening programmes start from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
While weekend programmes are conducted on Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Evening and Weekend programmes are tailored for the convenience of employed students who have to keep at their jobs.
Minimum entry requirements for IUIU
1.For the undergraduate degree programmes, applicants should have either:
– At least 5 passes at O’ level (UCE)
– At least 2 principal passes at A’level (UACE)
– A Diploma qualification from a recognized institution of Higher Learning; or,
– A pass in Mature Age Examinations.
2.For Diploma programmes, the applicant should have either:
– At least 5 passes at O’level (UCE)
– At least 1 Principal pass at A’ level (UACE) plus 2 subsidiary passes; or,
– The equivalent of the above.
3.For postgraduate Degree and Diploma programmes;
– First degree from a recognized university
– O’ level certificate with at least 3 principle passes or A’ level certificate with at least 2 subsidiaries.
Note: there are specific entry requirement for every programme a student would wish to pursue at the Islamic University in Uganda.