Uganda Christian university (UCU) is a private chartered university. Academic programmes at UCU are offered in three intakes of September, January and May Semesters.
To be admitted one should meet the set minimum entry requirements. However, the Admissions Board meets and decides on the applicants’ admission status.
Cut points are set by the Admissions Board at its meeting, depending on the program being applied for, the number of vacancies available and the number of applicants for a particular program.
Ugandan Applicants for Degree programs should hold either
- UCE & UACE Certificate with 2 Principal Passes OR
- Diploma from a recognized institution of Higher Learning OR
- A Pass in Mature Age Examination.
Kenyan Applicants for Degree should hold either
- KCSE holders must have a minimum grade of C+ and above. OR
- KACE, ‘GCE or A-levels’ applicants must have at least 2 principal passes or its equivalent. OR
- A Diploma in a relevant discipline from a recognized institution of Higher Learning
Tanzanian Applicants for Degree should hold at least either
- TCE & TACE Certificate with at least 2 Principal Passes OR
- Diploma from a recognized institution of Higher Learning
Post Graduate Programs applicants should hold at least
A good first degree from a recognized institution of higher learning
Other International Applicants
International applicants must have qualifications that are recognized for University entry in their respective countries.