Agriculture is termed as the back borne of Africa. In Uganda, agriculture is very lucrative and people are making a lot of money from it. The different types of passion fruits include, Purple Passion Fruit, Yellow Passion Fruit, Sweet Passion Fruit, Giant Passion Fruit ,Banana Passion Fruit. Here are a few facts you need to learn about agriculture.
- Passion fruits originated from Brazil.
The most popular varieties are purple and yellow. Purple ones are smaller but sweeter and are more commonly found here in the US. Yellow ones are more sour and larger and they’re Brazilians’ favorite.
It’s a source of vitamins A, C and B complex and has minerals as well: iron, sodium, calcium and phosphorous.
- Its juice has healthy benefits and is highly recommended.
- It grows in areas with fertile soil and rain throughout the year.
- Its one of the most lucrative plants in Uganda with ready market all year round therefore investing in passion fruit farming is a great choice.
- Passion fruit is a rich source of minerals like iron, copper, magnesium, and phosphorus. It is a very important fruit for increasing mineral bone density and bone strength.
- Passion fruit is also a powerful source to enhance anti-carcinogenic activity in the body. Antioxidants in passion fruit mainly remove free radicals, which are known for mutating the DNA of healthy cells into cancerous ones.