Job Title: Analyst, Bus Planning & Analysis, CF
Organization: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Analyst, Bus Planning & Analysis, CF will support high standards of cost planning through driving a robust cost budgeting and forecasting as well as supporting the quality of decision making, through providing timely and relevant cost insights based on periodic analysis of detailed financial performance. The incumbent will support Corporate Functions cost planning process through budgets, shape and forecasts. The jobholder will support Corporate Function’s decision making in line with the bank’s short & long term direction, through providing timely and relevant cost insights based on periodic analysis of detailed Corporate Functions (CF) financial performance.
To support sustainability reporting in accordance to the GRI Reporting Standards and support embedding of Sustainability KPIs within the Corporate Functions operating approach
To support establishment of CF cost Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and driving related favourable cost performance as well as monitoring CF costs.
To develop cost initiatives and support implementation, follow through on related governance as well as administering the full cycle of the initiatives from ideation to execution on effective cost management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management Accounting and Reporting
- Prepare monthly Corporate Functions Financial reports for submission to Heads of Functions
- Prepare intermonth Cost reviews on key select cost lines in line with key country priorities
- Prepare monthly detailed Corporate Function analysis and commentary on Cost and CF Strategic Imperative performance, identifying areas for improvement and corrective action;
- Monitoring expenditures, making recommendations and appropriate action to ensure sound financial controls
- Carry out required trend analysis, budget variance analysis and business analysis to extract insights to be used in making recommendations to the Corporate Functions;
- Support in the preparation of the annual Corporate Functions budget and strategic shape forecasts
- Preparation of monthly Africa Head Office reports on Corporate Functions.
- Support integrity of cost reporting, timely and accurate reporting
- Plan, analyze and consolidate cost initiatives
- Support annual budget planning for Costs, Investments and Projects
- Monitor and report monthly progress on Cost initiatives
- Review and update the initiatives Business Cases (continues assessment of risk, cost, and benefit) and implementation road map
- Support change management process for cost initiative implementation
- Develop KPIs and Performance measures to drive delivery of initiative benefits / Track benefits realisation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Analyst, Bus Planning & Analysis, CF job placement must hold a B.Com (Accounting/Finance) or a relevant Business degree
- ACCA/CPA or CIMA
- Two to three years of experience in finance or business analysis preferably in a busy commercial environment
- Experience with analytical tools and spreadsheets
- Financial Modelling and data mining experience
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online at the link below.