AMREF Health Africa is an international African organization founded in Kenya in 1957. Our Headquarters are in Nairobi with major programmes in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and two regional nubs in Southern and Western Africa based in South Africa and Senegal Respectively. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will mainly offer technical support and strengthen program and community financial management capacity in accordance with Amref Health Africa accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the finance jobs should possess a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- Full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- At least one year’s post qualification experience.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- The applicant must have a high level of integrity.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV including three professional referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Amref Health Africa in Uganda via E-mail to: email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
Deadline: Friday, 21st November, 2014