Uganda Securities Exchange Limited (USE), a CMA licensed financial institution that operates the securities market in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Manager, Information Systems will be responsible for the general oversight of the day to day operations of the department and bridge gap between the Head of department and technical personnel (Information System Officers)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the Department in delivering current IS services in USE Offices of F&A, PM, L&C, SCD and IS; and implementing new services as required.
- Proposing and agreeing with the Head Information Systems on a strategy for the delivery and ongoing development of IS services to support the present and future business requirements of the Exchange.
- Support the Head, Information Systems in Budgetary and day-to-day management responsibility for the operations of the Department in accordance with service targets and financial provisions agreed upon.
- Managing and motivating IS officers within the Department, including responsibility for their performance appraisal, development and training.
- The candidate will lead by example to ensure that a culture of continuous improvement and customer (mainly IS users, internal & external) focus is embedded into the service ethics of the Department and to ensure that the Department measures/monitors performance on service characteristics that affect user satisfaction.
- The jobholder will also be acting as IS Security Officer to implement the USE security policies, and ensuring that the services of the Department are delivered in accordance with the Security Policy. This will include IS risk management and IS service continuity planning or disaster recovery.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative and market requirements in their area of responsibility by implementing regular reviews of IS procedures including safety systems, risk management, reporting of incidents, emergency procedures, consultancy engagement.
- Make recommendations for hardware or software changes to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Actively coordinate with vendors and the HRAO regarding IS services and procurement of IS software and hardware to ensure efficient operation of the USE IS infrastructure.
- Manage the installation and testing of hardware and software components in a LAN and WAN.
- Provide report queries that translate into BI from the USE databases.
- Actively participate in development of user applications.
- The Manager is expected to exercise appropriate leadership and management of IS officers in the Department with due regard to:
- Ensuring that staff responsibilities are met;
- Ensuring that collegiality is exercised in interaction with other Departments; and
- Ensuring that IS services are optimally utilized and protected.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Information Systems
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USE Job vacancy should hold a University degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related discipline
- Professional certifications
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a similar environment
- High appreciation of development trends of the IT industry
- Possess the ability to manage relational database systems specifically Oracle and MySQL.
- Ability to troubleshoot various operating systems e.g., Windows, Unix and Linux
- Detailed working knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and systems security
- Leadership, Management and Communication skills
- USE business awareness
- Empowerment to make decisions
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Demonstration of Creativity and innovativeness
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Head Finance, HR & Administration via Email to: email@example.com or on this physical address. Send to Uganda Securities Exchange (USE), UAP Nakawa Business Park, Block A, 4th Floor North Wing, Plot 3-5, New Port Bell Road, P.O. Box 23552, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 14th November, 2014.