Job Title: Assistant Underwriter / Customer Service Officer
Organisation: CIC Insurance Group Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CIC Africa (Uganda) Limited (“the Company”) was incorporated on 22nd August, 2014 as a joint venture CIC Insurance Group Ltd of Kenya, and the cooperative movement of Uganda. The Company was incorporated to carry on all kinds of insurance business and all kinds of guarantee and indemnity business.
Job Summary: The Assistant Underwriter/Customer Service Officer will offer basic underwriting of risks according to client’s applications and to attend to customers in the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quickly resolve and attend to enquiries from Customers either direct or through Brokers and Agents
- Receive proposal forms and ensure they are correctly completed before keying the details
- Intuitively analyse the risk being proposed
- Decide whether to accept the full risk, proportion of risk or decline so they are within acceptable standards and guidelines
- Regularly determine the rates, premium, conditions, exceptions and exclusions based on the Customer requirements
- Enter data and generate a quotation
- Debit and post the business
- The jobholder will also issue cover notes
- Ensure that policy documents, renewal notices and endorsements and filed with their copies
- Issue motor certificates and receipts
- Expeditiously follow up on renewal and endorsement queries
- Prepare requisitions for refund of payments
- Sensitise Customers on new products, policies, processes and terms and to cross sell to existing customers
- Ensure all documents are correctly filed in Registry
- Follow up on valuation reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Assistant Underwriter/Customer Service Officer should hold a Degree in a Business related field. Insurance or Actuarial Training will be an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications: Progress in ACII or IIK Diploma.
- A minimum of three or more years’ experience in underwriting or Customer Service in Insurance industry.
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent listening and customer care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili (Both written and spoken)
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who possess the necessary professional and academic qualifications are encouraged to send an updated resume to the address below indicating “Ref: Application for Assistant Underwriter / Customer Service Officer” in the subject of your email the job title.
Send to: The Group Human Resources Manager, CIC Insurance Group Ltd via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th December, 2014.
NB: Please note only short listed candidate will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 31st December, 2014 consider your application unsuccessful.