Job Tittle: First Officer
Job Summary: The First Officer will serve as second-in command of a flight and to assume the role of the pilot in command when directed or in case the pilot-in-command becomes incapacitated.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist pilot-in-command in flight preparation and operation of the aircraft.
- Notify pilot-in-command on any variations in standard flight operations
- Carry out pre-flight inspection to ensure all navigation, safety and operating systems are working properly.
- Assist the in-command in conducting the flight safely and efficiently.
- Maintain current navigation and charts.
- Maintain regular contacts with cabin crew to ensure safety comfort and convenience of all passengers
- Inspect aircraft operational and technical performance regularly
- Oversee fueling and other ground services as required
- Prepare weight and balance forms as required.
- Perform any other job roles as assigned by the Director, Flight Operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a flight crew license CPL/IR
- He/she should also be a holder of ATPL
- ICAO English proficiency
- At least 1500hrs flying time experience
- Good communication and listening skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Own a valid crew license
- High degree of integrity
How to Apply for the job:
Air Uganda invites suitably qualified candidates to send their E-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and copies of certificates, three current professional referees and their contact details.
Deadline: 18th December 2013