Job Tittle: Head of Operations
Bank of Africa – Uganda Ltd. is part of Groupe Bank Of Africa (BOA) comprising 16 Commercial Banks, 3 Leasing Companies, 2 Investment Companies, a Stock Brokerage Company, an Asset Management Company and a Mortgage Bank. It spans 15 African countries and France, employing over 5,000 people. BOA believes in Transparency, Expertise, Proximity and Responsibility.
Job Summary: The Head of Operations will offer strategic direction and over sight of the functions of Global Operations, Domestic Operations, Branch Control, E-Commerce Operations, ICT, Projects and Procurement.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Offer strategic leadership to the Operations department and guide all its activities to support the Bank’s growth strategies and achieve projected business results
- Initiate, establish and maintain the Bank’s operating policies and procedures; monitor and ensure their regular update and consistent application
- Design the operational risk management framework for the department and supervise activities to ensure that the risks associated with the Bank’s operational activities are acceptable and well mitigated
- Advise and set standards for the implementation of operational processes; and continuously explore opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies while monitoring compliance to relevant regulations, as well as achieving business value and total customer satisfaction
- Take lead in the timely, quality and cost-effective project management of BOA Bank to create business value and support the achievement of business objectives through planned initiatives
- Effectively manage the integration of technology into the Bank’s business operations and monitor the performance of all deployed technologies to ensure effective and efficient business support
- Overall supervision of all units under Operations to drive business value and the achievement of business expectations in line with internal and statutory banking standards
- Monitor operational activities in order to ensure the achievement of a firm level of compliance to internal controls and adherence to the highest standards of quality both within the processes and in the services to clients
- Authorise expenditures within limit & refer those above, whilst maintaining overall expenditure within budgetary limits
- Oversee the management of critical business relationships, and ensure the protection of the Bank’s business interests and achievement of all service-level agreements with suppliers
- Manage motivate and develop the Operations team through rigorous performance management, coaching, mentoring and learning interventions to create a team able to deliver the Operations mission.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager – Operations & Support.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Head of Operations must possess a Masters’ Degree in Business, Banking, Finance or Accounting desirable
- Professional qualifications in Banking, Finance, Accounting or related field e.g. ACCA, CFA, CPA etc desirable
- At least eight years’ experience in Banking Operations; 3 of which should be at senior management level
- Excellent track record in driving operational efficiency, contract management, technology and project management
- Good wwareness of current and future banking trends and best practices
- Solid knowledge of Business / Banking ICT’s
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills
- Proven Leadership and people management skills
- Strong Customer centricity
- High business acumen and excellent financial skills
- Strong decision-making, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of supplier relations and negotiation skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build internal and external networks
- Possess the ability to work under pressure, and exercise excellent judgment
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified applicants with a yearning to join the banking sector with Bank of Africa – Uganda Ltd. (BOA) in the aforementioned portfolio should please send their applications which should include a cover letter, updated resumes (CVs) and send them preferably via E-mail (no scans) or hand deliver them to our office in the address below. The application should also include three references none of whom should be a relative i.e. they should have supervised you, taught you or known you through your work.
Address to: Human Resource Manager, Bank of Africa – Uganda, Plot 45 Jinja Road, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 20th January 2014