Job Title: Senior Manager IT Service Management
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN Uganda launched commercial services in Uganda, just six months after acquiring and signing of the license.
MTN has since grown to be the leading Telecommunications Company in Uganda servicing in excess of 6 Million customers and growing. Despite insufficient infrastructure, MTN has covered in excess of 90% of the population, providing services in over 150 towns and villages and their immediate environments.
The Senior Manager IT Service Management will be responsible for definition and execution of the IT Service Management Strategy within IT Shared Services and across the outsourced vendors for the MTN Uganda franchise.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder is responsible for establishment, maturing and optimization of the IT Service Management disciplines and processes in IT Shared Services, which include Incident, Configuration, Change, Problem and release management. Ensuring that the required tools are deployed and configured to support these processes.
- Accountable for the IS Availability Management across all the IS services as listed in the Service Catalog.
- Accountable for all IS Service Management reporting.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of the Continuous Service Improvement program.
- Accountable for the communication and training required to ensure that the IS Service Management processes are understood and performed effectively by IS support groups across IT Shared Services and its outsource partners.
- Accountable for the development and management of the IS Service Delivery of IT Shared Services’ managed service and maintenance contracts against agreed SLAs and to work with both customers and IT equipment suppliers to develop managed service business.
- Accountable to manage all the services procured from the IT End User Support outsourcing partner.
- Accountable for IS Customer Relations internally to IT Shared Services. (All End-users of IS equipment).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager Infrastructure & Service Management.
Qualification Skills and Experience:
- The MTN Senior Manager IT Service Management should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Good project communication planning and management skills
- Possession of ITIL certification/knowledge.
- Strong functional knowledge of information Systems.
- Five or more years’ related IT experience – project management experience and a sound understanding of ITIL standards and best practice within operational environments.
- Prior experience in creating complex project communication materials; reporting on project status; budgets and results.
- High Financial acumen
- Knowledge of the ITIL service management best practice framework and standards
- Good Legislation knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good data analysis skills
- Risk assessment and management skills
- Good Problem solving ability
- Knowledge of Project budgeting
- Project communication planning and management skills
- Service level agreement management skills
- Good analytical and thinking skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good Conflict handling skills
- Excellent decision making skills
How to apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: the Human Resources Manager IT Shared Services, MTN plot 77 Yusuf Lule road opposite Garden City Shopping Mall, Kampala, Uganda.
Note: MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
Deadline: 21st March, 2014