Job Title: Procurement Associate
As the UN system’s development programme and a GEF Implementing Agency since 1991, UNDP supports countries in addressing development, climate, and ecosystem sustainability in an integrated manner. As a GEF Implementing Agency, UNDP-GEF further offers countries highly specialized technical services for programme/project formulation, due diligence, mobilization of required co-financing, project implementation oversight, results management and evaluation, performance-based payments and knowledge management. UNDP-GEF’s Green, Low-emission, Climate-resilient Development Strategies team works to support countries to attract and direct public and private investment towards catalyzing and supporting sustainable economic growth through initiatives focused on integrated Climate Change Strategies, Advancing Cross-sectoral Climate Resilient Livelihoods and Strengthening Climate Information and Early Warning Systems for Climate Resilient Development.
Recently, UNDP-GEF designed a set of 10 country-led projects that focus on strengthening climate information and early warning systems (CI/EWS) for climate resilient development and adaptation to climate change. The countries receiving support include Benin, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe, Ethiopia, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi and Zambia. As part of the implementation phase the project in Uganda is looking for a National Project Coordinator to supervise and oversee the project activities and deliver the objective, outcomes and outputs of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Procurement Associate will act as the point of Administration and implementation of operational strategies;
- Responsible for Organization of procurement processes;
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools;
- Provide quality advisory services to Energy and Environment Projects;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a University Degree with specialized training in procurement;
- Additional professional certification or diploma in procurement and/or supply chain from a renowned institution (e.g. CIPS, ISM, etc) would be advantageous.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible procurement experience is required at the national or international level;
- Prior experience with United Nations/UNDP-Government supported or international agencies would be advantageous;
- Good working knowledge of the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advanced knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Good conflict resolution skills;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
How to Apply Jobs:
If you believe you are one of the ideal candidates for this opportunity in working with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Visit: http://jobs.undp.org
NB: UNDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 30th January, 2014