Uganda Women’s Effort to save Orphans (UWESO) has a volunteer membership of over 20,000 people. This volunteer structure provides the basis for mobilization of communities to participate and share responsibilities in improving the quality of life for orphans and other vulnerable children in Uganda.
Job Summary: The M&E Officer shall be responsible for coordinating the monitoring and evaluation activities of UWESO program activities, focusing specifically on data collection systems for measuring project implementation, quality assurance, documentation and reporting.
The position oversees implementation of M and E activities in accordance with guidelines stipulated by the funding agencies and regularly updates project staff on progress towards implementation of the work plan and designing methods for demonstrating program outcome and impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers overall coordination of UWESO M&E activities, facilitates and monitors the implementation of projects
Manages and executes M&E activities included in the annual work plan, with particular focus on results, impacts and lesson learn
- Ensures that appropriate data collection tools and systems are in place and collects required data.
- Identifies monitoring and evaluation needs for projects and provides Technical Assistance (through training, mentorship etc) or coordinate its provision.
- Oversees and guides the MIS and project databases.
Actively participates in research design, implementation and reporting
Compile and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated UWESO progress reports for project management
- Conducts supervisory visits to regions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics/ Quantitative Economics.
- Skills in Project Planning and Management, Management Information Systems are an added advantage.
- Three or more years’ experience in similar post
How to apply for the job: Send the application to;
Uganda Women’s Effort to save Orphans
P.O. Box 8419 Kampala
Tel: 0392-777448 / 0414-532395
Plot 2, Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya