The programme aims to promote democratic, economic and social development through supporting know-how and transfer of knowledge to advanced students within these areas.
|Duration:||12 – 24 months|
|Quota:||About 10-15 scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2014/2015|
|Application deadline:||11 February|
|Benefits summary:||SEK 9,000 per month|
Last update: 15 January 2014
SI Scholarships for the Western Balkans is the current title for the programme previously known as SI Scholarships for East Europe.
The scholarships are intended for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden and cover both living costs and tuition fees.
Who is eligible?
The scholarships are only intended for students who are required to pay the tuition fee according to the information at University Admissions.
There is no age limit for scholarship holders.
A scholarship cannot be granted for a student who:
- Has already lived in Sweden for two years or more previous to the scholarship period.
- Has Swedish or EU/EES-citizenship, a permanent residence permit or a work permit in Sweden.
- Has previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college.
- Already holds a degree from a Swedish university/university college.
- Is currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college.
Countries of eligibility
The programme is open to candidates from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo and Serbia.
Only programmes within the areas of social science and environmental science are eligible. A list of eligible master’s programmes is available here. And for more details on this scolarship, Visit: http://www.scholarshipportal.eu
The scholarships are intended for full-time master’s level studies in Sweden.