Vivo Energy is the company behind the downstream Shell brand in Africa. It offers customers the very best of Shell’s products and services, including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service. In doing so, Vivo Energy have put in place industry-leading health and safety standards and are committed to delivering Shell’s high-quality fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Job Summary: The Finance Controller plays an active role in the finance management of his/her Operating Unit. He/she ensures that a robust and fit for purpose business and financial control framework is in place and that internal and external governance requirements are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that Group Financial Policies and standards are implemented and applied
- Offering financial technical guidance, information and services to the Finance Manager and, where requested, to the OU Management team.
- Proactively overseeing controls over the ERP system for effective and consistent application.
- Ensuring controls are in place particularly for Stocks, Fixes Assets, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Cash
- Ensuring analysis and reconciliation of Product Margin
- Ensuring OU Manual of Authorities are understood and in place.
- Ensuring that monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual statutory and group accounts and tax returns are prepared and filed accurately and on time.
- Offering technical support and facilitation to external tax and accounting auditors
- Maintaining proper books, records and archives to support these.
- Ensuring that internal and external audit recommendations and action items are implemented by their due dates.
- Ensuring that Cross Border Charging Service Level Agreements for Regional and Group Fees are in place and up to date.and that costs and recoveries are invoiced or settled according to agreed parameters.
- Ensuring that retirement benefit plans are properly financed and managed.
- Ensuring safety and security of all financial data and records
- Promoting at all times the company’s ENergy culture
- Acting at all times in accordance with the company’s Energy Business Principles, values and the Group’s policies on health, safety and the environment with specific responsibility for security, safety and occupational health within the department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant of the Vivo Energy career opportunity should possess a good Finance degree, economics degree or qualified accountant
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a similar position.
- Supervisory skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication, influencing and networking skills
- Ability to self start
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.