Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Audit
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Officer will conduct audits to ensure that all company systems, policies and procedure are being observed and applied and make recommendations for improvements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Auditing and Audit Reports;
- Support the Internal Auditor with establishing the objectives, scope and methodology of the audit and developing an audit program.
- Perform audit work in a professional manner and in accordance with current professional auditing standards
- Carry out a risk analysis to develop the nature, timing and extent of audit procedures for the audit.
- Assist in the reviewing and evaluating of the overall accounting and operational controls and assists in the same for computerised systems.
- Document the operation and internal control systems in a manner that is sufficient to complete the audit objectives.
- Perform cash counts, physical inventories or other audit procedures as requested by the internal auditor or as needy to meet the audit objectives.
- Create working papers to document the audit work performed and support the audit report.
- Prepare summary memorandums and draft audit reports.
- Develop audit recommendations to assist in improving operations and internal control systems.
- Perform follow up procedures to assess the adequacy of the implementation of recommended actions.
- Communicate the status of work to the internal auditor on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Internal Audit Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related discipline e.g. Commerce, Business Administration from a reputable university or college
- Professional qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA
- A minimum of two years of working experience in an auditing environment.
- Possess analytical skills
- Knowledge of current accounting and auditing standards, procedures and requirements
- Computer literacy in MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, Spreadsheets, Outlook.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines applicable to the organisation.
- Use professional judgement and skepticism to conduct audit work.
How to Apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their motivation letters together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line ‘’Application for ’Application for Audit Officer”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources.
Deadline: 10th August 2018