Job Title: Compliance Officer
Phoenix Assurance one of the major players in the Insurance sector in Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will stay abreast with the legislative and regulatory requirements which apply to the company and the impact of these requirements on operations.
- Offers technical guidance to staff on how to abide by compliance requirements in the context of issues and problems that are raised during normal business activities.
- Provide guidance on contractual matters, undertake any necessary legal work in connection with acquisition, sale, leasing etc of the Corporation’s sites and buildings.
- Works in liaison with the Legal department to address and resolve applicable compliance issues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Degree (Honours) in law from a recognised University /Institution and a relevant Master Degree in the field of Law, Human Resource, Public Administration must be a member of the ICSA.
- Three or more years’ experience in Compliance related work in the financial sector.
- Highly self-driven person with the highest level of responsibility.
- Possess excellent communication skills (Oral & written)
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications to: Phoenix Assurance of Uganda, Workers’ House, 8th Floor, Pilkington Road, P.O. Box 70149, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Saturday 15th November 2014