Job Title: Assistant Academic Registrar
The Law Development Centre (LDC) has a mandate to provide legal education to lawyers and non lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reform, produce legal publications, teaching materials, law reports and also provide community legal services. Some of It’s key functions include;
- To provide legal training to lawyers and non lawyers
- To research into topical legal issues and recommend proposals for law reform
- To provide law reports and legal publications
- To provide community legal services
Job Summary: The Assistant Academic Registrar will be responsible for the coordination of Centre’s examinations process, keep custody of all academic records, provide secretariat and organize Academic Board and its sub-committee meetings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other departments/sections to constitute the agendas of academic board and its sub-committee meetings in accordance with Academic Board and sub-committee rules and regulations.
- Provide secretariat for academic board and its sub-committee meetings in accordance with the rules and regulations of meetings.
- Prepare sectional plans, budgets, and periodic reports in accordance with the policies in force.
- Intuitively verify students’ credentials during examinations in accordance with registration and examination regulations.
- Coordinate the process of students’ registration for examinations in accordance with Centre rules and regulations governing examinations.
- Maintain an updated and accurate record of all current and former students as per programme of examination in line with the exanimation and record keeping guidelines.
- Plan and budget for the Centre’s examinations’ requirements and submit monthly performance reports in line with set standards.
- Process all students’ inquiries, complaints and concerns regarding registration and time tabling.
- Compile and submit periodic reports to the Academic Registrar of assigned, delegated and designated duties.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Academic Registrar from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a B.A (Hons) degree in Education, Social Sciences, Arts or any related degree from a recognized university.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Education Management or Public Administration and Management is an added advantage.
- Postgraduate qualification in Records Management is an added advantage.
- Three or more years relevant work experience handling administration and management issues in an institution of higher learning.
Age: Between 30 – 40 years
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications in writing (typed) accompanied by a copy of the CV and academic qualifications and names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character referee. Please send to: The Secretary, Law Development Centre, P. O. Box 7117, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 24th October 2014