Job Title: Assistant Accountant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating over 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda is implementing a five-year Local Service Delivery (HIV/AIDS) project supported by USAID in Five sub regions of Uganda (Acholi, Lango, East central, Eastern and South western). The project aims to contribute to Uganda’s efforts in reaching and maintaining epidemic control through support private not-for-profit (PNFP) sites to address gaps through optimization of high yielding HIV Testing and Counseling Services approaches, improved retention and viral suppression, provision of HIV/TB care and treatment, scale up services to reach men and key populations, strengthen the PNFP institutional capacity and quality for sustainable service delivery.
Job Summary: For successful implementation of this project, UPMB is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to work as part of a professional and self-driven team for the position of Assistant Accountant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare payment vouchers and electronic funds transfers.
- Input daily expenditure and cash receipts in the accounting system.
- Assist the Accountant to Effect payments of statutory and other payroll deductions and filing annual returns to the relevant government bodies.
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation of the monthly reimbursement claims.
- Prepare reliable and accurate books of accounts for the project
- Prepare journal vouchers for liquidation of advances and posting these into the accounting system
- Timely posting of all expenses to appropriate line items as per the budget and chart of accounts
- Manage all banking functions and ensure proper cash management at all times
- Keep the project accounting records, grants management files and other project documentation
- Process electronic funds transfers, upon authorized and approved payment vouchers and disburse cash to the respective beneficiaries
- Process financial returns from the implementing facilities.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accounting.
- Attained at least Level II CPA/ACCA qualification
- At least three years of relevant working experience in NGOs and/or church based organisations.
- Knowledge of USG funding guidelines is an added advantage
- Honest and a high degree of integrity
- Analytical skills with an eye for details
- Very good communication skills
- A team builder and player
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd October 2021