Job Title: Assistant Accountant (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator – General Food/Cash Assistance and Resilience
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant will assist in providing financial and grant accounting support to the response in line with World Vision accounting policies & procedures and donor grants agreements. Liaise and support Response Finance Manager on all financial matters relating to the response.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide grants and financial technical support to the response/grants program staff including on-the-job training in order to maintain accurate and reliable financial information
- 100% of the staff technically supported in line with the FFM, accounting standards, and grants guidelines to provide high quality and complete information free of any material misstatements
- Continuous updates on the new developments in the FFM and grant guidelines that will help staff not to fall short of WVI requirements when it comes to quality, reliable financial information
Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU & WVI financial policies and guidelines and coordinate banking issues
- Existence of files for all the vouchers processed according to their voucher reference numbers on a daily basis
- Files are well labelled and accountabilities are attached to the respective files where they belong and also ensure files are managed well in terms of security and ease of access during auditing on daily basis.
Participate in the preparation monthly bank reconciliation with the support of the Response Finance Manager
- Accurate and timely bank reconciliations are made and submitted on a monthly on every 5th of a new month.
- This will achieved by timely submission of Vis for posting and recognition of adjusting entries.
Manage staff travel and business advances by ensuring accuracy, authenticity, completeness and timely retirement of advances and monthly Account Allocation in SUN
- Timely and accurate capturing of advances correctly and ensuring that respective individuals are followed up for the retirement within 7 working days.
- Monthly account allocations done in sun every after two weeks.
- Weekly sharing of the advance status with respective staff and also follow-up on retirements.
Prepare payment vouchers (using Voucher Interface) and allocate various response and grants expenses to different cost centers/grants in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies and donor requirements and managing petty cash
- Weekly sharing of accurate and well validated VI with the SFO for posting with proper coding in line with the WV CAM and donor requirements.
- Closely supervise the PSA in managing of petty cash and ensuring weekly or surprise cash counts are made for proper tracking.
Participate in the audit processes of the projects, particularly facilitating audit team members’ easy access to the project financial records
- Proper filling and documentation of financial transactions with necessary attachments in a timely mana and support in addressing of audit findings
Code & Monitor budgets and also participate in the preparation of different project reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Assistant Accountant job must hold a Degree in Business Administration/Commerce-with accounting option.
- At least two years of professional work experience in accounting, preferable with NGO
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing, facilitation;
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Team player, Self-motivator,
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Must be a committed Christian
- Able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Computer literacy
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 15th August 2022