Job Title: Assistant Depot Technician (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Vivo Energy (Shell)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vivo Energy is the company behind the Shell brand in Africa and is jointly owned by Vitol, Helios Investment Partners and Shell. Vivo Energy plc, commonly referred to as Vivo Energy, is a downstream petroleum company with its headquarters in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. It maintains subsidiaries and operations in 16 countries across Africa that encompass the supply, storage, distribution, and retail of a range of petroleum products.
Job Summary: The Assistant Depot Technician will ensure that the Plant is maintained and operating efficiently at all times. The jobholder will bring to the notice of management any anomaly that can impact on the efficient running of the Plant and subsequently affecting business. The incumbent will also execute the duties of Electrical focal point for the depots- Kampala, tank farm, Busia and Mbale depots.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all depot equipment to keep them in proper working condition at all times.
- Demonstrate management of cost effective maintenance.
- Provide regular technical guidance to workshop-contracted workers.
- Liaise with Distribution Operations Engineer in procuring plant spares.
- Ensure proper keeping of depot maintenance records.
- Authorize work on electrical equipment, issue and authorize issuing of electrical isolation certificates.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least two years of experience with hands on maintenance in an FMCG business
- Working knowledge of Depot Operations is an added advantage.
- Self-driven and strong team player with good communications skills
- Experience in HSSE management systems.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below