Job Title: Assistant M&E Officer
Organisation: International Lifeline Fund (ILF)
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager & Technically to Senior M&E Coordinator
International Lifeline Fund is a non-profit international humanitarian organization with its head office in Washington D.C and a local presence in Sub-Saharan Africa, as we continue to expand to other countries in Africa, including Haiti in the Caribbean Islands where we have impacted thousands of lives through our work. Our team works with local partners and communities to improve the quality of life of the underprivileged by exponentially expanding access to clean water and energy solutions. We strive for a world in which no one suffers from a lack of access to clean water and energy. Lifeline works in two sectors: Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in both the development and humanitarian contexts.
Job Summary: The Assistant M&E Officer will support and strengthen the Monitoring and Evaluation strategies through data-driven humanitarian, and development activities under the Environment, and Eco Energy program in close collaboration with the Environment & Energy team and the supervisor(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in M&E routine data collection, entry, cleaning, and storage as per the approved M&E framework and program needs.
- Assist in the revision of project M&E tools to support program implementation
- Vigorously participate in data cleaning for both learning and reporting purposes and provide Lifeline staff and its partners with evidence-based feedback (strengths and gaps) on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with the different teams within Lifeline to establish the impact of energy access interventions on the project beneficiaries.
- Draft reports, updates, and briefing notes as necessary.
- Assist in collecting and managing complaints and feedback in close collaboration with the program team to establish satisfaction. Track timeliness of response to complaints and maintain an updated complaints tracker.
- Provide technical support to the program team in documentation of their projects’ success stories. Keep the team up to date in terms of data capturing tools, data security, and ensure that Lifeline’s monitoring standards are implemented for improved program quality and data use.
- Conduct regular data review to identify and fix data issues or bugs in data entry or integrity.
- Work closely with Lifeline’s teams to achieve any other program objectives, as needed.
- Assist in conducting field monitoring visits to ensure data quality and compliance.
- Assist in conducting training of enumerators, and review data collected by enumerators in and out of the field.
- Validate and verify the accuracy of all field data via phone calls, and in consultation with the sales & marketing team to maintain a clean database;
- Support the M&E department in conducting data quality assurance of all field data collection exercises, data management, and analysis, contribute to timely and quality internal reporting of project data
- Participate in meetings aimed at making improvements to data related challenges
- Share updated commercial stove database monthly with your supervisor(s) for review and discussions.
- Participate in troubleshooting of data related problems in consultation with the supervisor(s)
- Provide support to the Humanitarian Grand Challenges Project by supporting the Senior M&E Coordinator in collecting and managing routine data to support project decision making.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor(s).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences, or any other related degree
- At least two years of experience with excellent skills in monitoring and evaluation and/or data management
- Possession of a training certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is an advantage.
- Experience in data analysis & visualizations
- Excellent computer skills in Ms Office, Excel, Internet, Power Point
- Excellent skills in data management and any one of the following statistical packages like SPSS, Eviews, Epi-info, Epi data, Stata, R etc.
- A good understanding of both quantitative and qualitative methodologies used in Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ability to think critically and pay attention to detail
- Experience working with an International NGO is desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Team player
- Skills & knowledge in data protection
- Ability to developed M&E tools and draft reports
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
NB: There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form (CV and Cover Letter), virtual interviews and typically a written assignment.
Lifeline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Lifeline complies with all applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.