Abt Associates’ International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
About USAID IRS Project:
The USAID-funded Uganda IRS Phase II Project’s objective is to conduct an ambitious spraying program and establish the foundation for sustainable, effective, high-quality IRS activities.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant provides basic provides basic services in support of management and maintenance of the Central Stores.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Central Stores Manager to receive all goods. Stores all goods in an orderly manner;
- Also, the Office Assistant will lend a hand to the Central Stores Manager to conduct physical inventory of all items in the store;
- Supports the Central Stores Manager to ensure that the inventory records are up to date at all time;
- Guides the Central Stores Manager of any issues which should be brought to his/her attention, including impending stock-out situations;
- Preparing items for dispatch, in accordance with Approved Distribution List
- Prepares Delivery Note for Central Stores Manager to review / sign prior to dispatch;
- Accompanies dispatch to District Store and/or other locations as required. Ensures proper count is done at receiving end, and delivers signed Receipt of Goods note to Central Stores Manager;
- Maintains the stores in a clean, orderly manner;
- Performs routine maintenance chores as required;
- Performs any other tasks, as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Abt Associates vacancy should have completed High School and have prior work experience.
- Previous stores assistance experience is desirable.
- Possess the ability to communicate in English is desirable.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who are interested in working in the USAID Abt Associates IRS Project should Apply Online by clicking the web link below.