Job Title: Business Development Supervisor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Broker Manager
Britam is a leading diversified financial services group, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The group has interests across the East African region and offers a wide range of financial products and services in Insurance, Asset Management, Banking and Property. The product range includes life, health and general insurance, pensions, unit trusts, investment planning, wealth management, off-shore investments, retirement planning, discretionary portfolio management, property development and private equity.
Job Summary: The Business Development Supervisor is responsible for providing assistance to the Broker Manager to secure new business through brokers to grow the business channel. The role holder is a key player in driving the achievement of the strategic goals of the channel and fostering thriving business relationships with the key stakeholders. The role will report to the Broker Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships with the broker channel and ensure effective broker service levels.
- Drive new business growth and build critical mass within agreed timeframes as per the business strategy.
- Careful examination of policy documents issued to Brokers to ensure alignment with the brokers /underwriters’ needs and instructions.
- Ensure timely premium remittance & reconciliation for all Broker generated businesses
- Ensure timely payment of Broker Commissions
- Drive customer retention as per business on book
- Manage and drive portfolio profitability and growth.
- Identify and create coordinated business development opportunities including in the oil and gas sector
- Assist in the identification and development of products and tailor-made solutions in line with Broker requirements
- Actively manage and report on the achievement of business development targets as well as industry performance and trends.
- Deliver an outstanding customer experience as per Britam’s Service standards
- Engage in marketing intelligence initiatives to facilitate the development of business strategies to drive the channel strategy;
- Deliver performance requirements as defined in the department’s strategy map, balanced scorecard, and personal scorecard.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any Business or Insurance related course
- Possession of CII Certification is an added advantage;
- At least two to four years of experience with bias in Business Development and sales.
- Experience and knowledge in Oil and Gas will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer/software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc
- Knowledge of the Insurance Regulatory Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the insurance industry and product pricing is an added advantage
- A high sales drive and a strong will to succeed;
- Critical and Analytical skills
- Confident, articulate, and with strong communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- Results-oriented with the ability to work under strict deadlines and meet sales targets;
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Strong work ethic
- Ensure productivity and performance is achieved and exceeded
- Expenditure in area of influence maintained within approved budget
- High performance and entrepreneur culture is achieved
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Britam in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st January 2022