Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Programme)
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The Business Support Assistant (Programme) will support General food assistance activities of verification to ensure the right persons receive the right assistance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Programme) job placement should hold a university degree in any of the following areas: Agriculture, Nutrition, food science, social sciences,
- At least two years of experience in managing relief, recovery or development programmes implementation in rural areas
- A postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Training in food security analysis and communication and advocacy.
- Knowledge of Ms Office applications and computer IT applications
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
- Ability to provide information using courtesy and tact.
- Keen attention to details.
- Good analytical skills, report writing skills and ability to work under minimum supervision, attention to detail and able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good community engagement skills
- Good presentation skills, Negotiation skills
- Good training skills, hardworking, calm, mature, logical, culturally sensitive, result oriented and interest in humanitarian development
How to Apply:
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization: Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt: Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Information Management & Reporting: Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution: Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management: Demonstrates ability to carry out day to day activities around warehouse and inventory management in a manner that complies with WFP’s operational warehouse procedures.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination: Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the online portal link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2022