Cadet Assistant Superintendent Of Prisons (Agricultural Engineer) REF: PA. O3/19
[ Type: FULL TIME, Industry: Government, Category: Engineering ]
Deadline of this Job:
30th July 2019
Within Uganda , Kampala, East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Salary: Uganda Government Scale U4 (Science)
Age: 21-30 Years.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Immediate Supervisor for performing the following duties:
• Planning, designing, testing and adoption of appropriate farm power sources, tools, implements and machinery according to technical specifications in conformance with environmental standards;
• Compiling and maintaining data on appropriate farm power sources, tools, implements and machinery;
• Determining and specifying fabrication methods, materials and quality standards and developing necessary designing, drawings and plant;
• Directing the fabrication of appropriate farm tools, implements and machinery in conformity with acceptable standards;
• Setting maintenance and repair procedures for farm power tools, implements and machinery;
• Designing and testing farm power tools, implements and machinery and related technologies in order to ensure viability, efficiency and effectiveness;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Engineering from a recognized University or Institution.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant posts of Cadet
Assistant Superintendents of Prisons existing in the Uganda Prisons Service (UPS).
Applications should be filled in triplicate on Public Service Commission Form 3 (2008) and submitted to the Secretary, Prisons Authority, P.O. Box 7191, KAMPALA, Social
Security House, 4th Floor, Plot 4, Jinja Road, not later than 30th July, 2019. Handwritten applications are also acceptable.
The application forms are obtainable from the Prisons Authority Secretariat on 4th Floor,
Social Security House, Plot 4, Jinja Road, Kampala; Public Service Commission or
Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices or can be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: www.psc.go.ug.
The applications should bear the title as well as the Reference Number of the post applied for. Applicants should attach three recent passport size photos, three sets of certified photocopies of their academic transcripts and certificates and National identity card (ID). Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of the academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting interviews.
Applicants should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Officers already in Government Service should not apply.
All applicants must be physically and medically fit and should not have been convicted of any criminal offence in any court of law.
In addition, successful candidates must be prepared to undergo a Twelve (12) months
Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Prisons Officers’ course at the Prisons Staff College and Training School plus three (03) months attachment. Uganda Prisons Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should have the following competencies:
• Results Orientation; Ethics and Integrity; Interpersonal Skills; Ability to adapt to multicultural settings; Communication Skills; Team Building and Problem Solving skills.
Cadet Officers in scientific and professional fields must be prepared to work in a Penal
Institution on general duties for at least two years before deployment to their respective areas of specialization.
Applicants who shall not hear from the Prisons Authority on completion of the recruitment and selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.