Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Organisation: Uganda National Airlines Company Limited
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Airlines is the flag carrier of Uganda. The company is a revival of the older Uganda Airlines which operated from 1977 until 2001. It began flying in August 2019.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the sales and marketing policies, strategies and procedures in line with industry best practices.
- Manage the territory budget preparation process to ensure the sales and revenue opportunities are maximized.
- Attend industry events and conferences to generate new business leads and spot marketing opportunities for new clients.
- Scheduling for Uganda Airlines fleet of long-haul and regional aircraft at Entebbe International Airport
- Identifying international and regional market behavior, consumer trends and potential for future growth.
- Initiate and cultivate successful client relationships, maximize partnership potential and drive to consistently exceed client expectations.
- Monitor performance data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Set up call plans, daily, weekly & monthly reporting mechanisms to ensure that appropriate selling skills are suitable employed.
- Responsible for Global Sales, Global Call center, GSA & PSA Structures, Strategic pricing, Loyalty Program, Distribution processes & Payments, Commercial systems, Digital retail, and UR Holidays set up.
- Guide, train, coach and review performances and immediately address any shortcomings to derive an effective, high-performance sales team.
- Provide and oversee overall leadership on a strategic and commercial level for sales and other activities within the Airline network.
- Develop and deliver revenue, maximize the returns, identify and penetrate new markets, where appropriate.
- Formulate and implement the sales strategy, including local corporate sales policy, to maximize short and long-term revenue opportunities, reduce cost of sale and generate channel shift where appropriate.
- Manage and maintain relationships with other Airlines, Tour & Travel Agents, Government bodies and corporate companies.
- Accountability for the strategic direction of the Corporate/ Trade and Leisure sales in the network and defining the optimal way to increase sales by recommendations for routes, timings, aircraft type and other product development.
- Lead and direct the team to deliver corporate and commercial objectives and in such a way as to enhance employee motivation and satisfaction.
- Oversee and supervise employees including directing daily activities, recruitment, training, development and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Take the lead in setting up airline sales offices across the network, finding Handle any other tasks that may be assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or closely related discipline.
- A relevant or Professional Certification in Marketing or MBA or a relevant Master’s degree with bias in Strategy or Marketing.
- A Post Graduate training in Sales and Marketing is a must.
- Aviation experience is a strong preference with 15 years in reputed Airlines which should include at least 10+ years of Airline experience in Africa, Europe and Middle East, an overall 5 +years in a Management role with in-depth knowledge and experience of Sales, Marketing, Network Planning & Strategy, Revenue Management functions, Pricing structures, Interlines and customer relations as a must.
- Extensive International Airline experience and vast industry contacts will be plus for the Airlines Route expansion, interline/codeshares portfolio.
- Strong understanding of pricing structures and yield management, GDS experience
- Knowledge of net, tour operating, and published fare contracts.
- In-depth and good understanding of both B2B and B2C relationships.
- Understanding Cost leadership and return on investment in all activations etc.
- Proven knowledge in network planning
- Knowledge in loyalty programs management
- Knowledge of digital marketing techniques and technology-based product distribution systems, sales channels and setting up a call center.
- Knowledge of interline services, and IATA airline practices
- Able to manage multiple start-up stations across the target airline network with the ability to negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities, including travel agency, GSA, tour operator, OTA relationships, office set-up, establishing contracts, recruitment of staff, building-up sales channels, and preparing for inaugural events.
- Be strategically minded, service-oriented and commercially focused
- Possess through knowledge of airline passenger sales and marketing communications and customer service.
- Proven leadership record with a demonstrated ability to engage and inspire the team to deliver organizational objectives
- Result oriented, flexible in approach, and able to produce results in a challenging environment.
- High level of integrity and professionalism with a clean track record of performance
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Uganda Airlines in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th October 2022 at 5:00pm