Organisation: Ministry of Works and Transport
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 59/272/01
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U1E
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a Ugandan who possesses a valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s license for Airframes and Engines or Avionics and a Diploma in ICAO Type 2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course plus a certificate in Aircraft Engineering Instruction Techniques.
- Applicants with Degrees in Aeronautical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- At least nine years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Principal Engineering Instructor in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organisation.
- Public Sector Management
- Results- orientation
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Ability to adapt to multi cultural settings
- Innovation concern for quality, standards and technical competence
- Ability to coach subordinates
- Good report writing skills
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good team building,
- Conflict management skills
- Competencies in policy development and change management
- Good research and report writing skills
- Excellent project management and technical skills.
- Age: 30 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 2/2017” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews. Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 27th September 2017