Job Title: Communication and Public Affairs Officer
The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority manages retirement plans for Uganda’s public workforce by serving as the fiduciary stewards of the contributions and disbursements of the pension trust funds. In partnership with the state’s public employers, we help ensure that they can offer their employees a comprehensive retirement plan that is responsive to their needs and is equitable to all stakeholders.
- Regulate the establishment, management and operation of retirement benefits schemes in Uganda in both private and public sector
- Supervise institutions which provide retirement benefits products and services
- Protect the interest of member and beneficiaries of retirement benefits schemes
- Promote the development of the retirement benefits sector
- Provide for licensing for custodians, trustees, administration and fund managers of retirement benefits schemes, the appointment of inspectors and interim administrators.
- Utilise all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of URBRA Communicate key messages, often using third party endorsements, to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between URBRA and the public.
- Monitor publicity and conduct research to find out the concerns and expectations of URBRA’s stakeholders.
- Implement PR strategies;
- Answer enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media; collate and analyze media coverage;
- Prepare the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours; ix. Maintain and update information on the organization’s website;
- Build community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- The Communications Officer should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations or Media Related Studies
- A least a year’s experience in the Media and Communications Industry