Job Title: Community Capacity Strengthening Coordinator
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale. In Uganda, we implement programmes in six thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS in development and emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 300 persons. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. In 2014, we reached over 143 million children through our work around 52m directly and 91 million indirectly around the world.
Job Summary: The Community Capacity Strengthening Coordinator is mainly responsible for developing and ensuring effective implementation of the sponsorship CM strategy to achieve intended program results. S/he will closely monitor and use program data to refine and improve the CM strategy in close collaboration with other SCI programmes and implementing partners. S/he will train and support implementing partners, including programme officer, SMC/PTAs in schools, Community mobilisation teams at sub-county and local government officials in community mobilization. S/he will work in close collaboration all the other sponsorship programme staff and local government structures in education, health and Agriculture S/he will assure the leadership for the CM component.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Save the Children Community Capacity Strengthening Coordinator job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in education and related discipline. Post graduate training in either partnerships, Monitoring and evaluation, community Systems Strengthening, will be of added advantage.
- Four years of progressive experience in planning and implementation of community strengthening of partnership programmes.
- Ability to speak the local language Luganda fluently is a strong requirement.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle (Honda XL 125).
- The candidate must be having a valid riding permit and willing to ride a motorcycle and a good understanding of PPP.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Save the Children working principles and approaches
- Demonstrable financial, planning and budget management skills a MUST.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 23rd February 2018