Job Title: Computer Control Clerk (Computer Help Desk Technician) (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2022-041
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Control Clerk (Computer Help Desk Technician) reports to the Information Systems Manager and acts as the first line of support for information technology, and it is responsible for executing duties and responsibilities related to providing customer service for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Uganda. The incumbent is responsible for providing support services related to information technology, which may include the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware and software; assisting customers by diagnosing and resolving issues related to information technology; and/or identifying, obtaining, and providing information technology training.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Computer Control Clerk (Computer Help Desk Technician) job opportunity should have Two years of College/University studies in Computer Science or Information Technology/Systems
- A minimum of two years of experience in providing end-user support involving software installation, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment, and/or experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving client issues with PC hardware, operating systems, desktop applications, email, and cloud collaboration platforms is required.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the PC; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products; basic understanding of electrical safety procedures, are all required.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills are required.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, and to write clearly and concisely is required.
- Should have demonstrated a strong troubleshooting ability, excellent customer service skills, and adeptness in working with computer equipment.
- Must be able to lift weights of up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent technical abilities in the use of the software and hardware and the diagnosis and solution for different problems in a timely manner for Windows networks, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, Network administration, Microsoft Servers, Personal Computer (PC) architectures, client / server Operating systems is required.
- Language: English (good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing is required. This may be tested
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th October 2022