Job Title: Construction Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
Job Summary: WaterAid is looking for a Construction Officer to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of all construction works with guidance from the Head of Programmes.
- Practical management and planning of every stage of construction projects.
- Ensuring all building design and construction projects are completed safely and shall oversee schedules of work to ensure each phase of a construction contract goes to plan.
- Conducting detailed technical assessments on the status of existing/new proposed WASH facilities for new or upgrading interventions at required sites,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Building construction and Civil Engineering of equivalent experience.
- Extensive professional experience in buildings design and construction, some of which related to the WASH sector in Uganda.
- Work experience in working with district authorities is of added advantage.
- Specific experience of work in WASH in Health Care Facilities and Schools is an added advantage.
- Registration with a professional affiliation in Uganda is a must
How to Apply:
All candidates should fill in this form, Download Here and send with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Regional Coordinator in the subject line
Deadline: 7th October 2021
NB: Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted. WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability and gender confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.