Job Title: Construction Supervisor (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: LWF World Service (LWF)
Duty Station: Adjumani and Obongi, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager.
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Job Summary: Under the guidance of the Construction Engineer & Project Manager, the Construction Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the construction activities that take place on the worksite on any given work day.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee construction of buildings, and civil works, and supervise site staff; Guide developers in setting out buildings to ensure compliance with the approved plans.
- Inspect various stages of construction as stipulated in the building rules to ensure compliance with rules and approved plans compliance with approved plans up to completion.
- Liaise with contractors, and client representatives to ensure uniform interpretation of all working drawings.
- Supervise all construction works to ensure qualitative work, and provide advisory services to the contractor, staff, and the community;
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule, according to contractual conditions, within budget, and with adherence to high standards of quality construction.
- Work with the architect/engineer on all plans, as needed.
- Participate in joint field inspections, assessments, and beneficiary selection & identification.
- Conduct assessments on existing infrastructure and determine repair needs;
- Plan, coordinate, and organize workload while remaining aware of changes and competing deadlines;
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Contribute towards project planning and budgeting of construction activities.
- Establish, build and maintain an effective working relationship with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Coordinate the works and activities of site staff and build teamwork
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive constructive attitudes.
- Advise on the adequacy of safety measures at construction sites.
- Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control.
- Ensure project run smoothly and work are completed within budget and on time.
- Ensure cost effectiveness and oversee use of stocks.
- Project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of the construction progress to the Construction Engineer or his designate
- Daily supervision and monitoring of the ongoing construction activities
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a University Degree or Diploma in Construction, Building, Civil Engineering & Architecture;
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Previous supervisory exposure as a works foreman/woman;
- Have working knowledge of Computer Aided design (CAD) software; Computer proficiency; MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and,
- A valid riding permit
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications online at the link below addressed to;
Deadline: 18th November 2022