Job Title: Corporate and Industrial Manager
Duty Station: Kansanga, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Start date: 1st July, 2022
SolarNow was founded on the belief that everyone should have access to clean, affordable, and reliable energy. Thousands of families and businesses in Uganda and Kenya have benefited from solar energy solutions provided by SolarNow over the last 11 years. Initially focusing on solutions for rural homes and small businesses, SolarNow has in the last 11 years evolved into an energy solution provider supporting productivity increases for businesses, farmers, and institutions such as schools, hospitals, corporations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Job Summary: The Corporate and Industrial Manager will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s objectives through high levels of project management, engineering skills and professional skills to achieve a satisfied client portfolio. On a daily bases, the C&I manager will plan, design, quote, execute and service solar energy projects, in line with the company’s policies and best practices in the industry, utilizing professional software and leading/coordinating a team of technicians. Excellent customer experience and high level of attention to Health and Safety practices is a fundamental part of the role. The C&I manager will collaborate with other departments in ensuring the company’s sustainability, will engage in training activities, will identify market trends, will scope innovative solar components and will ensure the necessary reporting to the supervisors and the customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Solar Project Management from Sales pitch to Commissioning
- Develop a pipeline of corporate potential customers through marketing the company’s services.
- Generate solar projects proposals in line with the company’s policies and best practices in the industry, and utilizing professional software (Autocad, Homer, Aurora, others).
- Coordinate with the procurement and logistics team to ensure that all the materials and equipment is timely and efficiently sourced and transported to the installation site.
- Install solar systems while following safety & installation practices in line with local & international standards and company policies.
- Lead the installation team, including registered SolarNow contractors and casual labor, and manage & account the allocated budget.
- Provide user training and installation reports and schedule preventive maintenance visits.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction before commissioning and handing over the project.
- Manage relationships with existing customers including but not limiting to timely and professional responsiveness in case of reported system failures to provide grounds for future business opportunities.
- Oversight product scoping and testing development analyzing ever evolving industry developments.
- Gather insights from the other technical and non-technical department as well as customers on how to improve the current products, designs and system categories.
- Carry out Energy Assessments for potential clients or under consultancies to identify the load profile and deliver commercially viable proposals.
- Support the business expansion through the generation of a pipeline of potential clients by working with the business development unit and identifying virgin business segments.
- Support in the elaboration of training materials and conducting trainings to technical and non-technical staff.
- Ensure the proper administrative support by providing accountability for the facilitations provided as well as proper filing of all the documentation produced.
- Engage in all activities organized by SolarNow to promote teamwork and harmony in the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Engineering degree from a reputable university
- At least five years of experience in designing and implementing solar projects on and off the grid.
- Holder of a Z permit from ERA or any relevant certification.
- Microsoft office, Autocad and solar design software competency.
- High integrity, time keeping, result-oriented and able to deliver with minimum input and supervision.
- Only Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Seniority Level: Middle
Compensation and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
SolarNow is an equal opportunity employer and will review applications based on a first come first serve basis & might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate have been found.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email their applications with the following subject: “Application for C&I manager – “Your Name” to: firstname.lastname@example.org