Job Title: Corporate Communication & Advocacy Officer
Organisation: Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Secretary
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established in 2004, is a consortium of 42 universities in 19 countries of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA). The organisation evolved from the Forum on Agricultural Resource Husbandry (FORUM) program of the Rockefeller Foundation. RUFORUM is registered as an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and has mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan and develop communications and advocacy policy and strategy
· Implement communications and advocacy strategies and initiatives aimed at enhancing the visibility and identity of RUFORUM and enhancing relationships between RUFORUM and its partners and networks.
· Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives aimed at promoting RUFORUM as an organization
· Identify new or nurture existing communications partnerships and media alliances
· Organize media, publicity or advocacy events and meetings between RUFORUM, its partners and the public
· Compile, upload and update information on suitable on-line platforms in the RUFORUM website, and in particular the RUFORUM impact platform, in collaboration with the KHub Unit.
· Manage media/press relations and social media accounts
· Develop information material that includes handouts, brochures, annual reports, press releases, magazines, quarterly/half-yearly newsletter, multimedia programs, videos and films.
· Provide technical support and guidance to Units of the Secretariat, RUFORUM Partners and networks on matters regarding communications and advocacy.
· 10.Organize and facilitate exhibitions and other events that bring together RUFORUM and its partners including the Ministerial, Annual and Triennial conferences.
· 11.Compile and update record of RUFORUM contacts including the contacts of Secretariat staff, RUFORUM Governance officials, staff of consortium universities and network members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s degree with basic background in the field of Mass Communication, Agricultural Information & Communications, or other related fields and she or he should have basic training in project management, publicity, Public relations, Media Relations or Publishing Development.
· Three or more years of similar work in a busy and reputable organization.
· Ability to analyse, make deductions and anticipate future communications and advocacy trends
· Ability to be creative, generate new or unique ideas and innovative ways of doing things.
· Ability to consider image and credibility before undertaking any course of action
· Ability to scan the internal and external environment for opportunities to propel RUFORUM’s image, promotional initiatives and future naturally beneficial partnership and networks
· Ability to package information to specific effect in line with RUFORUM Vision 2030
· Ability to establish and nurture constructive, friendly, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships
· Ability to write publishable synthesis reports, stories and briefs
· Good computer skills
· Good communication and writing skills
· Ability to strive to achieve results.
Terms and Conditions: This is a regionally recruited position which offers attractive remuneration package. Theposition is open only to Nationals of Member States where RUFORUM operates . The initial contract period will be for 3 years renewable,subject to probationary period of six months.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with detailed curriculum vitae (in pdf form), copies of certificates, transcripts, names of three referees, the applicant’s skype address and daytime telephone contact should be sent online to our e-mail with the subject “Corporate Communication & Advocacy Officer.”
Submit application by email to [email protected] and include 2 page motivation statement and copy (ies) of relevant academic documents. The file should not exceed 5 MBS.
Deadline: 16th March 2021
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.