Job Title: Course Administrator
Organisation: Well Grounded
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Well Grounded is a non-profit organisation that supports civil society organisations and actors in Africa to develop, to realise their full potential, to act more strategically, independently, autonomously and inclusively to achieve positive change for environmental and social justice.
Well Grounded promotes funding and partnerships that ensure sovereignty and promote the autonomy and sustainability of African civil society organizations. Our interventions focus primarily on civil society organizations and actors in the Congo Basin working on issues of natural resource governance and community rights. Well Grounded has recently secured new funding for a programme to develop its training and e-learning systems and to build the capacity of organisational development consultants in Well Grounded’s countries of intervention.
Job Summary: You are resourceful, curious, and good at organizing and planning. You are a persistent problem solver, good communicator. You have experience with online collaborative computing environment, attention to detail and able to take lead of your role, we are looking for you! Come and support our programmes for the next 12 months and maybe more! In this position, you will play a key role in ensuring optimal team productivity and contribute to the organisation mission. In return, you will work with a dynamic multicultural team, meet, and interact with a variety of committed and passionate activists and have endless opportunities to develop new skills and build new network.
The Administrator provides administrative support to Well Grounded and in particular to the programs:
- Facilitator for change (F4C),
- Leadership for Social and Environmental Justice (RECLAIM) and many more to come
You will be responsible for communicating with participants, facilitators and coaches and helping to develop the most effective schedules. In this role, you must combine strong attention to detail with excellent organisational skills, including the ability to multi-task and work under pressure to get things done effectively. You must also be a reliable problem solver with strong project management skills. You must be fluent in French and have a minimum knowledge of English to be able to read project documents and communicate with English speakers on our team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the registration and integration process of participants
- Support the planning and management of events, primarily online and occasionally face-to-face. This includes facilitating the online learning platform, technical support for online meetings, managing registrations, note taking, etc.
- Support coordination and communication with training participants and stakeholders.
- Provide administrative support to the team, including maintenance of contact lists, electronic filing, etc.
- Track payments and follow up as necessary, ensuring timely and correctly coded processing.
- Process general inquiries and respond to requests for information.
- Assist in recording the progress of participants in the monitoring and evaluation system.
Support the logistics process by:
- Informing participants of any general maintenance work to be done on the training platform;
- Liaising with participants regarding the specific requirements of a class;
- Liaising with consulting partners responsible for the organisation of face-to- face events (booking equipment, reserving financial resources, etc);
- Liaising with the host agency for face-to-face meetings (room reservations, etc.);
- Resolve any problems that may arise.
- Any other task reasonably assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Professional command of French and English;
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, email, internet);
- Experience with online collaborative computing environment (Google workspace, zoom);
- Excellent administrative skills: organization, planning, attention to detail and ability to take direction);
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to manage and communicate information to participants and staff in a sensitive and professional manner;
- Persistent problem solver;
- Good communication skills;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Alignment with Well Grounded values.
- Good computer skills;
- Experience working in a remote team;
- Able to take initiative in some areas and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Familiarity with the use of databases and/or other administrative software.
Working conditions and benefits; The consultant must be based in Kampala, Uganda. He or she will work in a location that provides a conducive environment for independent workers, a shared space, allowing for socialization. The cost of accessing the work space will be covered by Well Grounded. However, in view of the current Covid 19 pandemic, the consultant will need to be able to work from home in case of movement restrictions. The consultant has the appropriate equipment necessary to carry out the mission and adapted for remote work (computer and headset). If the equipment is not appropriate, Well Grounded will provide equipment under certain conditions to be discussed before the provision. In order to provide service to participants regardless of their time zone, the consultant will need to be available until after 6:30 p.m. a number of times per month on days when there are online meetings with participants.
The consultant is responsible for any tax or income tax arising from their services with Well Grounded. The contract offered is a long term, 12 month renewable consultancy contract.
A monthly salary of 720 USD is offered. The consultant will be trained in new technology tools to enable effective distance work and monitoring of online training programs.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter in French to [email protected] All applications will be considered until the position is filled.