Job Title: Data Entrant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: The Hunger Project — Uganda (THP-U)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Hunger Project — Uganda (THP-U) is part of the Global Hunger Project. THP has been implementing integrated Gender Focused Community Led Development (GFCLD) programs since 1999, and so far, has presence in 10 districts in Uganda; in which TH PU has empowered 12 clusters of rural communities! villages known as Epicenters to end their own hunger and poverty through the Epicenter strategy. The epicenters are located in the districts of Iganga, Kiboga, Kiruhura, Mbarara, Mbale, Mpigi, Butambala, Wakiso, Kyankwanzi and in 2019, THP-U commenced programme operations in Druka epicenter Nwoya District.
Job Summary: The Data Entrant will be responsible for creating, organizing, and accurate database information to support the dissemination of the outreach activities of the FAO project of Field Schools and Watershed in Kiboga.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide research support to verify data entry quality from stakeholders, partners, and other institutions of interest
· Support continuous organisation and integration of data collected from various sources
· Prepare, source data by compiling, sorting, verifying, auditing its accuracy and resolving any deﬁciencies before entering it into its database.
· Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, ﬁles and forms
· Support M&E, Microﬁnance and other THP-Ug and departments in areas of data collection, analysis and report writing.
· Comply with data backups, carry out data base administration and offer technical support and training for Farmer Field school facilitators and other end users. Ensure data presentation.
· Carry out routine project data and quality assessments
· Generate reports and respond to any data requests regarding associated data without errors.
· Comply with date integrity and security polices required skills.
· Verity and update existing data by comparing it to source documents
· Sort, organize and ﬁle paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Sciences, Journalism, International Studies or related ﬁelds.
· Diploma additional computer training or certiﬁcation will be an added advantage
· Experience with MS Ofﬁce and data programs such SPSS, Epi-into and other data related platforms.
· Organizational skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
· Proﬁciency in the English and knowledge of Luganda and Runyankore is an added advantage
· Strong interest to work in remote arrears and particularly with FAO Project
· Knowledge in documentation and communication using social media platforms
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CV and copies of their academic certiﬁcates as a single PDF document by email to [email protected] Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Hard copies can be delivered to; The Hunger Project Uganda — Plot BA, Nakasero Lane, Kisozi Complex P.0. Box 26393, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 9th March, 2021 by 5:00pm.