Vacancy title: Dean of Students
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Administrative & Office
Jobs at: Kabale University
Deadline of this Job: 27th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Kabale University (KAB) is one of the Public Universities of Uganda. KAB enjoys the unique status of being the first University of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public. It was established by the Parliament of Uganda through Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 2015, in accordance with The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act (2001) (as amended). Prior to this, Kabale University was a ‘not-for-profit’ Private University, created and owned by the people of the Kigezi Region of South-Western Uganda. The University admitted its 42 pioneer students in 2002, and presently has an enrolment of 3000 students, coming from all parts of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, DRC Congo, and Sudan. Kabale University was granted Charter Certificate No. UI.CH.008 on 29th September 2014
The main Campus is located on Kikungiri Hill in Kabale Municipality, about 2 Km off the Kabale-Katuna-Kigali (Rwanda) Highway The University is strategically located between the Anglophone and Francophone zones of the Great Lakes Region of Eastern Africa. KAB offers a serene environment for academic pursuit
The University currently offers undergraduate and postgraduate programes in the School of Medicine; Faculty of Computing Library & Information Science; Faculty of Engineering, Technology, Applied Design & Fine Art; Faculty of Education; Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences; Faculty of Science and the Institute of Language Studies.
The University seeks applications for Deputy Vice Chancellor positions. Visit www.kab.ac.ug/dvc search for a detailed advert.
THOSE WHO APPLIED EARLIER NEED NOT APPLY AGAIN
Job Title: DEAN OF STUDENTS (KAB/3/3/2019)
Salary Scale: M3. Tenure – 5 Year Contract
Responsible to: Vice Chancellor
Responsible for: Deputy Dean of Students, Warden, Senior Sports Officer/Tutor
Duty Station: Kikungiri Campus .
• Should have a Master’s degree in Education, Human Resource Management, Counselling, Psychology, or Sociology from a recognized institution of higher learning.
• Should have high integrity with excellent communication, leadership and people skills.
• Should be a mature person with the ability to understand student behavioral patterns, group dynamics and inspire disciplined behavior.
• Should have high emotional intelligence and the ability to critically analyze divergent student issues, problems, act proactively and concretize or establish appropriate solutions.
• Should have broad knowledge about University procedures and regulations relating to student affairs.
• Should have broad knowledge of the process and practice of arbitration, mediation and facilitating negotiation.
• Should be computer literate.
• Should have at least ten (10) years working experience in a reputable institution of higher learning, five (5) of which should have been at senior management level..
Job Education Requirements: Master’s degree in Education
Job Experience Requirements: ten (10) years
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should senc the following not later than 27th September 2019:
1. TWO COPIES of their applications indicating the serial number of the position.
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certified Transcripts and Certificates, Postal and Telephone Contacts, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees.
3. All in a sealed envelope clearly labeled “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DOS”
4. Postal Address: University Secretary, Kabale University, P.O Box 317, Kabale.
Or Hand deliver to: Kabale University Kampala Liaisor Office, Reev House, Plot 515, Opposite Gapco Petro Station, Bombo Road Wandegeya, Kampala.
5. Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Visit www.kab.ac.ug/jobs for details.