Vacancy title: Deputy Vice Chancellor, Finance & Administration
Type: FULL TIME .
Category: Administrative & Office
Jobs at: Kabale University
Deadline of this Job: 27th September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Kabale University (KAB) is one of the Public Universities of Uganda. KAB enjoys the unique status of being the first University of its kind in Uganda, to metamorphose from private to public. It was established by the Parliament of Uganda through Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 2015, in accordance with The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act (2001) (as amended). Prior to this, Kabale University was a ‘not-for-profit’ Private University, created and owned by the people of the Kigezi Region of South-Western Uganda. The University admitted its 42 pioneer students in 2002, and presently has an enrolment of 3000 students, coming from all parts of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, DRC Congo, and Sudan. Kabale University was granted Charter Certificate No. UI.CH.008 on 29th September 2014
The main Campus is located on Kikungiri Hill in Kabale Municipality, about 2 Km off the Kabale-Katuna-Kigali (Rwanda) Highway The University is strategically located between the Anglophone and Francophone zones of the Great Lakes Region of Eastern Africa. KAB offers a serene environment for academic pursuit
The University currently offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the School of Medicine; Faculty of Computing Library & Information Science; Faculty of Engineering, Technology, Applied Design & Fine Art; Faculty of Education; Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences; Faculty of Science and the Institute of Language Studies.
The University seeks applications for Deputy Vice Chancellor positions. Visit www.kab.ac.ug/dvc search for a detailed advert.
THOSE WHO APPLIED EARLIER NEED NOT APPLY AGAIN
Job Title: DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION (KAB/3/2/2019)
Salary Scale: M2. Tenure – 5 Year Contract
Responsible to: Vice Chancellor
Duty Station: Kikungiri Campus
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure efficient and sound financial management, planning, prudent investment and administration of the University. .
• Should have a PhD from a recognized University/Institution
• A Postgraduate qualification in Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Management and/or any other relevant field is an added advantage.
• Should have at least ten (10) years of proven experience in management, leadership and administration, three (3) of which should have been at a senior level from a reputable Institution.
• Should have good knowledge and skills of financial management and resource mobilization.
• Should have knowledge and experience in strategic planning and budgeting, policy making and implementation in higher education.
• Have an understanding of the relevant policy and legal framework for financial management for higher education in Uganda.
• Should have good communication, negotiation and people skills.
• Be aged at least 40 years at the time of application
Job Education Requirements: PhD
Job Experience Requirements: (10) years
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Electronic (email) OR hard copy applications shall be accepted. Candidates should send:
1. Hard copy: by courier, a sealed application pack containing six copies of the following:
a) Signed application letter.
b) Detailed up-to-date CV including working contact details.
C) Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates, national identity card or bio-data page of their passport.
d) Names and contact details of three referees who should be advised to send confidential references directly to the Search Committee address below. The references should cover the following areas: the candidate’s academic credentials, experience, leadership, managerial and administrative skills and personal integrity.
e) The envelope should be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC AA OR DVC FA”.
2. Electronic applications should have all the above documents scanned and emailed with the subject clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DVC AA or DVC FA”.
3. Applications SHOULD reach the addressee below by 5:00 p.m. on 27th September 2019 Secretary to the Search Committee, Kabale University, Kikungiri Campus, Plot 364 Kikungiri Hill, and Kabale Municipality.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Inquiries can be made through the above email indicating subject as “INQUIRY” or by phone +256 772 485 496 during working hours.
4. Short-listed applicants SHALL be contacted in person.