Vacancy title: Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Jobs at: UTAMU
Deadline of this Job:30th September 2019
Duty Station:Within Uganda , Bugolobi , East Africa
Uganda Technology and Management University (UTAMU) was licensed on March 11, 2013 by National Council for Higher Education (License Number: UIPLO22) to operate as a Private University in Uganda UTAMU was established with the purpose of making a difference in the training of Technology & Management professionals within the region. UTAMU offers 45 academic programmes: both undergraduate and postgraduate, in the fields of technology and management. UTAMU’s core functions are driven by the spirit of creativity and innovation in their teaching and research.
Job Title: Deputy Vice Chancellor
Reports to: The Vice Chancellor
Duty Station: Bugolobi, Kampala
Salary Scale: Per established University salary scales and attractive
Duration: 3 years (renewable based on performance) .
• Responsible for the academic affairs of the University:
• Responsible for the planning, resource mobilization and development of the University:
• Responsible for the human resources in the University:
• In the absence of the Vice-Chancellor, perform the functions of Vice Chancellor.
• Structural, legislative, regulatory framework for management; and play a leading role in national or international policy making in higher education; public financial management and strategic people management;
• Competencies: Academic credibility, Innovative, team player, interpersonal and communication skills, transparency and high level of accountability, tolerance of diversity
• Other revelant: The Applicant shall be neither a shareholder nor a director in Uganda Technology and Management
• A PhD or equivalent, be at the rank of at least a Senior Lecturer
• At least six (6) years of managerial experience, two (2) of which shall be at the level of a Dean of a Faculty/ School or equivalent in a reputable higher education institution, corporate or public institution.
• Coordination and management of the academic and research affairs of the University.
Job Education Requirements: PhD
Job Experience Requirements: six (6) years
Job application procedure
Application Procedure Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications in both soft and hard copy forms. Hard copies should be delivered to the address below and soft copies emailed to email@example.com. Enclose detailed Curriculum Vitae, a motivation letter of not more than 1000 words, certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates, Three (3) reference letters i.e.one academic and two from professionals with managerial experience. Envelopes should be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF VC / DVC”. Secretary to the Search Committee, Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) Plot 3 and 6, Erisa Road, Kiswa Bugolobi PO Box 73307, Kampala Applications must not be submitted later than 30th September 2019 at 05:00pm. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“UTAMU is an equal opportunity employer and applicants from all nationalities are encouraged” orchovani cibo for more detalls og onto www.utamu,ao.ug