Job Title: Document Controller & Driver
Organization: Kikagati Power Company Limited
Duty Station: Kikagati, Isingiro District, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Kikagati Power Company Limited (KPCL) is constructing a 14MW hydropower plant on the Kagera river that marks the border between the Republic of Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania. The Company seeks to recruit a qualified Document Controller to manage company documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and file project documents including typing contracts, archiving files and ensuring all team members have access to necessary documentation.
- Control all Incoming and Outgoing Drawings/Documents including Submittals, Inspection Requests, Procedures, Drawings, Specifications and RFPs.
- Prepare and maintain the part of Weekly/Monthly Progress Reports related to document control.
- Collation, submission and control of Stakeholder reports.
- Maintaining files of routine and confidential nature of correspondences, memos etc.
- Create and maintaining of electronic and paper filing systems and associated logs such as incoming, outgoing, Site Instruction, RFP, Submittals etc. and link all soft copies with the electronic database.
- Produce reports as required by management and other parties from time to time.
- Ensure all project documents/drawings and correspondences are available in paper version and electronic version.
- Maintain all project documents in line with the company quality system with complete control and tracking.
- Act as helpdesk to Project Engineers surrounding documentation matters.
- Prepare vehicles for service and maintenance.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedules or ad-hoc requests by the office
- Drive company staff and guests
- Running errands for the Company
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or similar from a reputable institution.
- Five years’ experience working in construction or similar projects in an administrative / document control role.
- Advanced computer and word processing skills using MS Office applications including SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate several high-priority deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility when dealing with changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational & prioritizing skills with the ability to multitask.
- Exhibit an extremely high level of professionalism and superior attention to details.
- Exceptional client relations and customer service skills.
- Able to demonstrate sense of initiative and ownership.
- Aptitude to exercise foresight as well as good business judgment to anticipate and solve problems with minimal oversight
- Energetic, self-motivated and quick to learn with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a team or independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least 5 years’ driving experience with both manual and automatic vehicles.
- Ability to drive 300kms+
How to Apply:
Applications should be emailed to Procurement@berkeley-energy.ug, addressed to the “Human Resources Manager”, include the application letter and updated CV (in pdf format) with at least 2 references. Driving experience is a MUST and successful candidates will be required to present a driving report from the Ministry of Works.
Only candidates who meet the required specifications will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th October 2019 at 5:00pm