Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. .
VACANCY 2020-012: Driver / Base Assistant, Kampala (Up to two positions)
Length of Contract
The Driver will support the day-to-day functioning of the Kampala office by driving assigned Samaritan’s Purse vehicles to assist with programmatic and operational tasks, as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Drive assigned vehicle(s), transporting Samaritan’s Purse staff / visitors / resources, in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse policy and traffic laws and regulations of Uganda.
• Ensure safety of passengers and luggage at all times.
• Ensure washing and general cleaning of vehicle(s) is maintained.
• Regularly check vehicle oil, water and tyres.
• Monitor vehicle performance, ensuring vehicles are fueled, serviced and repaired promptly.
• Road test and certify vehicle(s) returning from garage.
• Ensure first aid kits, spares and tools are present in allocated vehicle(s).
• Complete vehicle log sheets, maintaining accurate and complete records.
• Assist in running administrative errands, as assigned.
• Assist with minor operational base tasks, as assigned.
• Conduct all activities in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, in line with Samaritan’s Purse, Government of Uganda and donor policies and best practices.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• O level certificate.
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ driving and mechanical experience, preferably within NGO sector.
• Professional certification of driving skills through driving skills course.
• Full, clean, valid Ugandan driving license – Class A, B, CM and DM.
• Basic knowledge of vehicle mechanics and maintenance.
• Functional geographical knowledge of Kampala.
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Commitment to excellence, integrity and stewardship of resources.
• Must agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization.
Method of Application
Please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to [email protected] or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 126 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi; applications should be submitted strictly no later than 16:00 on Wednesday 21st October, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.