Job Title: Driver (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Ripple Effect (formerly Send a Cow)
Duty Station: Mbarara and Bushenyi, Uganda
Ripple Effect Uganda is a growing and dynamic international development charity creating a wave of change in rural Africa. We are a partnership of experienced and committed staff, working with farming families in Africa. We are all inspired by the need to create an even greater impact on hunger and poverty in rural communities that are increasingly threatened by economic challenges and the climate crisis. Together, we support families to learn more, grow more and sell more. They then share what they know and have with their communities, creating a ripple effect of environmentally sustainable change across rural Africa. We are at an exciting stage in our history, as we re-brand from Send a Cow with an ambitious new 2030 strategy to multiply our impact
About YIDaMS Project:
In partnership with Mastercard Foundation, Ripple Effect Uganda plans to implement a five-year (2022 – 2027) Youth Inclusive Dairy Market Systems Project (YIDaMS) whose aim is to enable 50,000 young women and men to access dignified and fulfilling work in the dairy sector. These will comprise of youth aged 18-35 with 70% young women, 5% young people with disability and 10% refugee youth.
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive and transport Ripple Effect staff and other authorized passengers, goods and services in Ripple Effect planned activities/events and always ensure the suitable mechanical and security condition of the vehicles in line with Ripple Effect policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To drive Ripple Effect vehicles to specified destinations with full responsibility in ensuring vehicle cleanliness, protection, and their timely and adequate repair and maintenance.
- Report all minor and major damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand that need to be addressed to the supervisor as per Ripple Effect vehicle policies.
- Check on regular basis the vehicle status/condition e.g.: Engine Oil, water, battery, brakes, tyre pressure, nuts, licence, third party insurance, technical control certificate, among others prior to any journey.
- Delivering packages, goods, and mails to specified places and offices as required
- Ensuring appropriate and timely servicing.
- Assist in handling and managing Ripple Effect guests and visitors in line with training, meetings, workshops, field visits and programme review exercises.
- Ensuring all passengers properly wear safety belts before start of any journey, and always while in the vehicle.
- Properly enter necessary information (including all movements, repairs, fuel consumption, and others) in the vehicle logbook regularly, and preparing monthly vehicle usage report.
- Providing mileage report to the Finance Officer for charging purposes, whenever needed.
- Undertake any other assignments and delegations given by Finance and Administration Manager and Country Director in the interest of the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a secondary school certificate. A valid driving permit.
- Experience of at least 5 years of driving vehicles. Experience of field work with ability to drive on difficult terrains. Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills. A good command of English and main local language in the country.
- Computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to detect, diagnose and fix simple mechanical issues
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Understand vehicle functionality
- Exceptional knowledge of traffic laws and regulations
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Physically healthy
- Have empathy with Ripple Effect’s Christian foundation and core values
- Creative and innovative
- Good at customer service
- A team player. Flexible.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
How to Apply:
All applicants should send a filled application form, Download Here and attach a comprehensive CV and certified copies of academic documents
Please submit application online to email@example.com clearly indicating the position and location you are applying for in the subject line.
Deadline: 3rd October 2022 at 5:00pm EAT
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted