Google News Initiative & European Journalism Centre are inviting applications for the Journalism Fellowships in Europe. The fellowships are available to the undergraduate, master, and PhD students who are 18 years of age or older as of 1 January 2019.
In 2019, the European Journalism Center offers 40 Fellowship Placements in 11 European Countries. The fellowship pays the placement of journalism, technology or design to the students who want to get valuable work experience and make a lifetime contract.
The European Journalism Center is an independent, non-profit organization in the Netherlands. His goal is to make every journalist and news organization benefits from a European Journalism Centre program.
- Applications Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Course Level: The Fellowships is open for undergraduate, master, and Ph.D. students programs
- Study Subject: The Fellowships will be awarded in all subjects.
- Scholarship Award: The Google News Initiative Fellowship offers paid summer placements to journalism, technology or design students who want to gain valuable work experience and build lifelong contacts. This is a unique opportunity that can allow you to kick-start a career in the news industry.
- Nationality: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and Poland applicants are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: There are 40 fellowships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Europe
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and Poland.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- The GNI Fellowship is for students who are enrolled in or accepted for an accredited higher education institution in the same country as their newsroom of choice.
- This includes undergraduate, master, and PhD students.
- They accept both full-time and part-time students, as long as the candidate is enrolled in an accredited higher education institution as of 1 January 2019.
- It is the individual student’s responsibility to ensure that he or she is legally permitted to work in the country where he or she applies.
- You may only apply to one organization.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application