Job Title: EMTCT/EID Regional Manager
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Job Summary: The EMTCT/EID Regional Manager will support and oversee provision of elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV services in Masaka region (12 districts)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate project activities aimed at increasing access to quality HIV treatment for Pregnant and lactating mothers.
· Coordinate implementation of all activities related to the project with the goal of improving early diagnosis of children with HIV by increasing testing, screening, case finding and linkages to treatment and support.
· Provide oversight for the mentorship project and Health Facility teams in collaboration with the different stakeholders.
· Ensure the teams support and provide quality EMTCT/ EID services in line with MoH policies and procedures.
· Ensure and support Continuous Professional Development sessions in relation to EMTCT/ EID service.
· Provide oversight for the coordination and provision of technical support supervision in collaboration with MoH and District health teams in regard to EMTCT/ EID services. This is aimed at ensuring quality services for HIV positive pregnant and lactating mothers.
· Work with the relevant district personnel to ensure provision of an integrated information package for improving care for HIV positive pregnant and lactating mothers.
· Support community demand and community-based activities for HIV positive pregnant and lactating mothers in the supported areas to improve identification, uptake and retention.
· Support performance review meetings in relation to care for HIV positive pregnant and lactating mothers as well as participating in regular review meetings with health facility and community leaders.
· Strengthen documentation and records management of pediatric and adolescent data in the appropriate tools and online systems
· Participate in national and district EMTCT / EID activities
· Coordinate efforts in strengthening identification and streamlining referral and linkage systems for HIV positive pregnant and lactating mothers.
· Provide monthly reports and any other required reports for this project as and when required.
· Support and document best practices and challenges in regard to project activities.
· Participate and support planning and strategic direction for EMTCT/ EID services to meet project objectives.
· Work with the project teams to ensure Improved monitoring, evaluation and reporting of EMTCT/ EID services in the project supported districts.
· Coordinate activities for provision of the national HMIS tools that will guide documentation and reporting into the relevant systems such as DHIS II.
· Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in medicine and Surgery.
· Post graduate training in Public Health and or pediatrics will be an added advantage.
· Specialized training in HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment will be an added advantage.
· Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
· At least two years’ experience working in HIV/AIDS services within the government health care setting, and in NGO setting.
· Comprehensive knowledge and experience in EMTCT/ EID services management.
· Proven record of mentoring HCWs in EMTCT / EID service delivery.
· Experience providing technical assistance to large scale HIV/AIDS HSS interventions within MoH structures and systems.
· Good working knowledge of EMTCT / EID service programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of EMTCT / EID service programs.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
· Knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations, MoH and district procedures and practices.
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates ( in one document (Word/PDF)) addressed to the HR Manager to [email protected] Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 3rd February 2020 by 5:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.