Organization: Agribusiness Initiative (aBi) Trust
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. They would like to recruit for a valuable client aBi Trust. The Agribusiness Initiative (aBi) Trust is an institution set up by the governments of Uganda and Denmark to support agribusiness initiatives in the country. In particular it is to support the private sector to increase their contribution to the agricultural sector by increasing productivity and competitiveness leading to poverty reduction through economic growth, wealth, and employment creation. The vision of aBi Trust is of “competitive private sector led agriculture in Uganda” with the mission to “promote private sector driven agribusiness development to enhance wealth creation in the country.” The aBi Trust achieves its mission and vision through interrelated subcomponents.
Job Summary: The Enterprise Development Officer (EDO) will primarily be responsible for managing issues of aBi Trust activities relating to Enterprise/business development. The incumbent will cooperate with value chain team and supervise the outsourcing of interventions/partners. The job holder will ensure that all recommended proposals for support have a clear business case with strong financial projections and indicators of success. The EDO will help the aBi team ensure effective implementation of agribusiness supported projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The job holder will act as the technical lead, supervise the review ofbusiness proposal and business plan development and provide oversight and direction for the work of implementing partners. Assist teams in analyzing business requirements of proposals and ensuring recommendations are followed through.
· Develop and maintain contacts to gain market information, research and analysis of financial information to forecast business, industry and economic conditions for use in making funding decisions.
· Carry out in-depth due diligence of potential partners, identify key funding merits and risks, meet with management teams, review documentation and work in conjunction with partners and third party consultants if required.
· Keenly analyse all issues and perform risk analysis to mitigate all risks associated with funding potential implementing partners.
· Build detailed financial models, including performing extensive sensitivity analyses, review of financial projections and valuation assumptions.
· Guide grantees on their business sustainability and growth strategies, including follow-up financing after aBi’s contribution has been spent
· Carry out research and prepare strategic analysis to assist growth in IPs’ businesses.
· Develop strategies for the growth and management of mixed funding tools for potential implementing partners, including specific guidelineshow partners could tap these resources.
· Keenly review and perform analyses on market trends and track variousperformance matrices.
· Work closely with the CMVCD to perform periodic analysis/research on processes and recommend changes in strategy to improve businesses in supported value chains.
· Identify opportunities and advise grantees on the incorporation of cross-cutting themes like QMS/SPS, Green Growth and HRBA in their business model
· Coordinate with other donors and development projects to leverage project resources and to avoid duplication of efforts.
· Provide technical input into quarterly and annual reports. Provide content to success stories and other project documents. Ensure IPs are providing required reports in time and of quality.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CMVCD.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Post graduate degree in business administration, finance, economics, agriculture/agribusiness or related fields required;
· The applicant should also hold a finance-related or other numerate degree or professional certification from recognized institutions
· At least five years’ experience managing/advising private sector, value chain, or business development projects using the value chain or market solutions approach.
· Significant experience conducting agricultural value chain assessments and determining appropriate interventions to enhance productivity and market access for agri-businesses.
· Business acumen with proven successful projects.
· Possess the ability to contribute to proposals, reports, research and presentations that reflect analytical thinking, creativity and a clear understanding of both the prospective partner’s requirements and aBi’s programs.
· Ability to work independently and show professional judgment in carrying out assigned tasks.
· Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using financial models.
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity.
· Strong written and oral communications skills in English required.
· Demonstrated ability to function as a productive member of a results oriented team is important.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover lettersand updated CVs including three referees (send as one document) to our e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
· Kindly mark your application as “Application_ Enterprise Development Officer (EDO)” in the subject line of your email.
· Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st November 2015